You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ombra

Tuesday, August 10th 2010, 7:14am

low sprinkler head leak

This zone has 3 Hunter PGP rotors. One end was just regraded and one rotor is a few feet lower than the other two. When the zone shuts it siphons. Will replacing the rotor with the Hunter I-20 ultra series rotor with drain check valve corrct this?? If so, would need to replace all three rotors to the I-20?

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 10th 2010, 11:43am

A little low head drainage is normal at the low head. If the drainage does not stop after an hour you may have leaky valve that can usually be corrected by tightening the solenoid.

If you have a leaky valve putting in a check valve at the head will not correct the situation.

Good Luck :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

mrfixit

Tuesday, August 10th 2010, 3:02pm

Yes a rotor with a check valve should do the trick.

No you don't have to change all three sprinklers.

Save the nozzle rack in case you need to change one later.

If it leaks 24 hours a day then there's a problem with the valve as Todd mentioned.

ombra

Wednesday, August 25th 2010, 6:46pm

Thanks

If I do decide to replace all three would only the low rotor need to have a check valve?

Fireguy97

Advanced Member

Wednesday, August 25th 2010, 10:35pm

You don't need multiple threads to ask the same question.

Mick
Irrigation Contractor

Certified Backflow Assembly Tester

Rate this thread