You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, August 14th 2010, 9:13am

sprinkler comes on when not programmed

My sprinkler system comes on when it is not programmed. It is a two zone. The valves on both and solenoid were replaced. I also switched the timer. Everyone tells me it's the timer. I replaced it and it still goes on at non programmed hours. No the wires in the timer are not touching. The timer is set right. I don't know how to fix it. Thank you for any information. I have had many sprinkler people over and they think what it said is not the truth.

mrfixit

Saturday, August 14th 2010, 1:30pm

How often does this occur?

Do you actually see the sprinklers running or is the ground just wet when you wake up?

Try disconnecting the ground wire from the controller. The controller will not activate the valves this way so if the sprinklers still come on it's not the controller doing it.

It's possible a solenoid isn't all the way snug causing the valve to come on intermittently.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Saturday, August 14th 2010, 6:18pm

Did this happen with the old timer too, or just the new one?

What brand and model is your new timer.

The Rainbird Esp Modular had problems for a while. They put out a repair part and now their problem should be resolved.

If it happened with old and new timer solenoids or bleed screws like mentioned earlier. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Saturday, August 14th 2010, 11:42pm

I have been using orbit 6 station dual program model 57196. This is a new timer. With this one the sprinkler comes on a lot when not scheduled. Also using optima pc306. This is old but was working. Lastly I was connecting rain bird isa 406. While connecting the common wire and zone 1 this zone came on when it was not supposed to. I was only putting the wires to the timer. Again I have not programmed the timer for more than one time. It just comes on. Any information would be really helpful. Thank you Keith

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 15th 2010, 6:00pm

I think it is time to get a real timer. Get a Rainbird ESP or Hunter Pro-C. They are not expensive, and the stress relief will be worth it. The timers you have mentioned are not up to Standard.

Sorry :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

mrfixit

Sunday, August 15th 2010, 9:12pm

If you decide on upgrading I like the SRC for indoors.
www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/v/vspfiles/search/search2.asp?Extensive_Search2=N&keywords=src
Outdoors I like the Pro-C.
www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/v/vspfiles/search/search2.asp?Extensive_Search2=N&keywords=pro+c&Search2.x=43&Search2.y=7
Lots of people also like the ESP Todd mentioned. Personal preference. Also sold by sprinklerwarehoue.

Rate this thread