You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

RedArt

Sunday, August 15th 2010, 11:03am

RD-1200 Problems

Hi,

Having multiple problems as similarly reported on some of the Irritrol models. Mine is an RD-1200. Problems started this year after perfect operation for 10 or so years.

When manually running a zone, the timing flickers and sometimes starts and other times goes to blinking set time mode. The time is still correct and the battery is good. (Never did the flickering before this year.)

A couple of my zones seemed to have solenoid problems (this was before I noticed the flickering). The system was pulsing the solenoid and shutting/opening the valve causing pulsing sprays from the zone. Manually, at the valve, when opening the valve by hand, the zones worked fine. The pulsing was loud, and shook the ground near the valves.

I just replaced one solenoid that was doing this and it is still doing it. I have completely reset the controller, but I think I am to the point of replacing the controller. Just wanted to post this to see if anyone had other ideas.

Thanks!

mrfixit

Sunday, August 15th 2010, 4:05pm

Right, I've seen this pulsing. It did it on every station. I changed the faceplate with one I carry for testing purposes and it cured the problem. I highly recommend you get rid or repair your current controller. It'll damage the system.

www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/v/vspfiles/search/search2.asp?Extensive_Search2=N&keywords=rd12

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Aug 15th 2010, 4:14pm)

RedArt

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 1:17pm

I got the Hunter pro-C Series 12 station controller and this fixed my problem. Took about 15-20 minutes inlcuding rewire and mounting and everything has worked great for 10 days.

www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Hunter-PCC1200i-12-Station-Indoor-Controller-p/pcc1200i.htm

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Aug 31st 2010, 2:22pm)

mrfixit

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 2:23pm

Awesome. Good job!

P.S. I edited your link so it would work.

Rate this thread