You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

etm1109

Unregistered

Sunday, August 15th 2010, 9:15pm

Help! That Being Said .... 4 Valves, 4 Wires....What Gives...?

I have a system that is probably 30 years old.

A lawn accident ( well it was no accident, grass grew to high, we wacker decimated wires to valves. )

So there are 4 Valves. A - B - C - D

Rainbird. The valves are 2 rainbirds, and some brand I can't recognize ( the writing is worn off ).

2 have screw in solenoids, 2 have what looks like a black hexagon cap attached to a piece of plastic.

Originally one solenoid had short leads, so whoever wire this used a wire run of the same kind of wire used from the control box to the valves, some other wires. IT was a mess.

So I simply got another solenoid with longer wires. I removed the auxilary wiring and wired everything like so.

A - B - C - D ( 1 wire ) - to white
A - B - C - D other wires to the 4 wires that I identified on the controller.

One wire when I connected sparked ( ouch...) But that is the only one that works. And this valve keeps running even with all wires disconnected.

The B valve acting on it's own. The D valve will come on from the panel when I put it in manual. The other two valves
don't work at all.

So what am I missing here? This can't be that hard. Any advice on troubleshooting.

I'd call my local priest for an exorcism, but I'm not sure how he would respond.

Thanks. :rolleyes:

Friday, November 19th 2010, 7:07pm

Long time ago - what happened ?

I am new in this website - I wonder what ended up happening in your troubleshooting.

Charlie