You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jjrree1

Starting Member

Wednesday, August 18th 2010, 10:37am

Seeping Head

I am new to the forum and sprinklers in general. I have all of my sprinklers installed and all spray as designed. I do however have 1 head that seeps, and it has done so for about 2 days now. It is at the end of a run and is at the lowest point, so I wonder if it is just emptying the line. None of my other zones are seeping. Is this nomal? If not any suggestions on what to check would be great.

Thanks

mrfixit

Wednesday, August 18th 2010, 2:31pm

Seeping for two days is not normal. What you've described is the valve 99% of the time. Turn the water off, take the valve apart. Inspect the diaphram for a tiny hole. Look for debris stuck to the seat washer. Also look for pits in the seat washer.

Could be a hairline crack in the seat itself. Look for damage to the seat due to debris.

Flush the manifold. It's usually the valve on the end of the manifold that develops this problem due to debris.

Good luck!

Rate this thread