You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

cheetah7985

Unregistered

Saturday, August 28th 2010, 12:32am

"Pressure Compensating" Clarification please.

Hello,

This item, http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/06-045-4-Outlet-Drip-Bubblers-p/06-045.htm , says "Pressure compensating range: 10-60PSI". I am trying to find out if this means it does not require a pressure regulator (seen here: http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=18%2D030&CartID=8 ) if the PSI of the line it is attached to is between 10 and 60. The PSI of the water line I am using is at 60. I am also curious if it will be necassary to purchase some wire mesh to install in the drip bubbler. It says there is a requirement for 120 mesh, but it also says the mesh is built-in. Does it come with the proper mesh to just attach and operate? Thank you for your time.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Saturday, August 28th 2010, 8:59am

Bubblers usually come ready to go.

Bubblers are one of the easiest type of zones to set up. It is just getting the pipe to the bubblers on long pipe runs that is the hard part.

Just screw it on and turn on the controller.

:thumbsup: :thumbup: 8o
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Monday, August 30th 2010, 8:42am

In the relm of drip irrigation, "pressure compensating" means that a drip emitter will put out ABOUT the same amount of water regardless of the incomming pressure. Notice how the green one your link goes to is listed as a flow rate of 20 Gallons Per Hour? That means this device will put out ABOUT 20 GPH for incomming pressures between 10-60psi. By comparison, the Black colored device puts out 6GPH, the Blue 2GPH, and the Red 12GPH.

Not sure about the requirements on filtration. Drip irrigation usually needs filtration of 150-ish mesh or finer for drip emitters. So my best guess is that the water coming to this device should be on a 120 mesh filter (something all irrigation systems SHOULD have, but very few do from what I understand).

cheetah7985

Unregistered

Thursday, September 2nd 2010, 3:06am

Thank you for your replies. Sprinkler Warehouse has yet to reply to this same question; it's been over a week. Should I be wary of buying from them?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, September 2nd 2010, 4:33pm

There is only so much hand-holding you can expect for a mammoth two-dollar purchase :P </sarcasm>

-

It's a drip item. You do have to filter the water supply and regulate the pressure to not exceed 50 psi. This can be inferred by reading the description of the item.

cheetah7985

Unregistered

Thursday, September 2nd 2010, 5:30pm

:thumbdown:

Infering can cause problems. For instance, the item description says it compensates from 10-60 PSI, but operates at 10-50 PSI. It also says it has a built-in filter, but does not specify what that filter is, and then goes on to further say that 120 mesh is required. I would much rather KNOW what I am buying and what is required, than infer and make the wrong asumption. Being a sprinkler laymen, I'd like to know the difference and have clarification before I make my two HUNDRED (and rising) dollar purchase, only a small part of which is six, two dollar items.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, September 3rd 2010, 11:05am

I get a hundred bucks an hour to provide hand-holding. I take Paypal :)

-

Seriously, if you got drip, you filter and regulate, period. Don't go looking to do without this basic and necessary piece of the puzzle.

cheetah7985

Unregistered

Friday, September 3rd 2010, 12:55pm

I am not asking if I can "skip" those steps, I am asking for clarification on how the product arrives; ready-to-use, or extra, not-included, pieces required.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, September 3rd 2010, 5:09pm

There is no clarification. If you fail to realize that a drip component requires a filtered pressure-regulated water supply, then you are not ready for prime time. Rainbird sells me a device to filter and regulate water for drip, and it's close to twenty bucks. You think a two-dollar device from DiG is going to accomplish the same thing, and also include four emitters? Not likely.

cheetah7985

Unregistered

Friday, September 3rd 2010, 8:14pm

I'm not sure what it is about my posts you are misunderstanding, but I will take your "not likely" and run with it, what with it being the closest thing to an answer I've received.