You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, August 28th 2010, 3:20pm

some zones work other's dont, some have low pressure, some stay on.

I've changed all the solenoids, diaphragms and controller. Are all the solenoids supposed to be closed all the way or is there some combination?

I'm lost.

Fireguy97

Advanced Member

Sunday, August 29th 2010, 1:11am

Solinoids should be closed all the way - firm, not tight. Is your wiring good? Is your common wire connected properly and good?

Can you turn water on at the valves manually?

A simple test to see if your wiring to your irrigation valves is good;

Turn the water to your irrigation system off. Start at zone one. Turn zone one on at the clock to get power to the valve. Go to the valve for zone one and undo the wire nut on the power side. If you touch the power wire to the solinoid wire you should hear a 'clic' from the solinoid. If you hear the 'clic', there is power going to the valve and the power wire and the common wire is good to that location. Go back to the clock and repeat with zone two.

This will eliminate or confirm electrical as the problem.

Mick
Irrigation Contractor

Certified Backflow Assembly Tester

Sunday, August 29th 2010, 6:16am

Ok, I closed all Solenoids and 2 out of 4 zones come on. Zones 1 and 3 come on zones 2 and 4 do not.

Fireguy97

Advanced Member

Sunday, August 29th 2010, 4:01pm

How did the zones come on? Was it by the clock, or manually at the valve?

Mick
Irrigation Contractor

Certified Backflow Assembly Tester

Handy man in Phoenix

Unregistered

Sunday, May 22nd 2011, 7:01pm

My solinoids chatter, I've installed a few new ones and they chatter as well. I thought it was from high water pressure, but even when I turn off the water they chatter. Could I have a bad Pressure Vacuum Valve or another problem? Voltage to the solenoids

Solinoids should be closed all the way - firm, not tight. Is your wiring good? Is your common wire connected properly and good?

Can you turn water on at the valves manually?

A simple test to see if your wiring to your irrigation valves is good;

Turn the water to your irrigation system off. Start at zone one. Turn zone one on at the clock to get power to the valve. Go to the valve for zone one and undo the wire nut on the power side. If you touch the power wire to the solinoid wire you should hear a 'clic' from the solinoid. If you hear the 'clic', there is power going to the valve and the power wire and the common wire is good to that location. Go back to the clock and repeat with zone two.

This will eliminate or confirm electrical as the problem.

Mick

Rate this thread