You are not logged in.

BillyV

Unregistered

Sunday, August 29th 2010, 3:33pm

toro adjustment

I have toro rotary head that was installed on the infield of my softball field. It looks like it has "D30" on top. Not sure if that is the model. It has 3 water nozzles--a long arc, a short arc, and then a short, flat mist spray. I want to stop flow to the mist spray because it makes a muddy mess around the head. Any way to do this? Thanks!

worachj

Advanced Member

Sunday, August 29th 2010, 4:22pm

Sounds like a MultiStream head. You can try and play around with the radius adjustment and see if that lessens the amount of water that is sprayed close to the head. I don't know of a way to kill one of the streams on a MultiStream head.

Click on the rotor link.

https://homeownersolutions.toro.com/port…r_systems/30032

Fireguy97

Advanced Member

Sunday, August 29th 2010, 4:41pm

Toro, as well as manafacturers of other rotor heads has a shut-off feature on some of the 'higher-end' heads. The feature will turn the entire head on or off. To change a part of the nozzle - the mist portion, and turn that off, is not possible. You should be able to change nozzles for a different pattern, and possibly a different gallonage per minute.

Mick
Irrigation Contractor

Certified Backflow Assembly Tester

Fireguy97

Advanced Member

Sunday, August 29th 2010, 4:46pm

Your best bet is to find an Irrigation Contractor, or a contractors supply house that carries Toro commercial products. They should have a nozzle set that you can use.

Mick
Irrigation Contractor

Certified Backflow Assembly Tester

mrfixit

Sunday, August 29th 2010, 6:46pm

Are you positive it's the sprinkler making the mud or could it be a leaky valve?

BillyV

Unregistered

Sunday, August 29th 2010, 6:49pm

It's definitely the mist from sprinkler.

Rate this thread