You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Mr Hand

Unregistered

Sunday, August 29th 2010, 9:17pm

Rainbird VAN Nozzles

I'm looking at the Rainbird VAN specs and the spec sheet only gives gpm for up to 30psi. I have 60psi on a 3/4 service line so do I double the 30psi conversions?

Thanks.

mrfixit

Sunday, August 29th 2010, 10:54pm

I went to the Rainbird site and read the specs. Here's a cut n paste from their site.

* These ranges are based on proper pressure at nozzle. 12-, 15- and 18-VAN have matched precipitation rates with Rain Bird MPR nozzles.
** Rain Bird recommends using 1800 PRS spray heads to maintain optimum nozzle performance in higher pressure situations. www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Rain-Bird-1800-Series-Sprinkler-Spray-p/1804-prs.htm
---------
So basically what they're saying is, if you have more than 30 lbs working pressure they recommend you use the PRS spray head which regulates the pressure at the nozzle to 30 lbs.
--
Do you have 60 pounds static or working pressure?

Let me just say if you have 60 lbs of pressure at the nozzle the water will just mist and fly away in the wind.

I myself try to avoid the VANs. I'll use a regular spray nozzle whenever I can. I find the VANs are unpredictable how the ends of the arc spray plus they break over time.

Rate this thread