You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

steve1111

Unregistered

Wednesday, September 8th 2010, 8:41am

I am willing to install a master valve before the zone valves if this will cure the leak pass problem.

The contoller is a rainbird model number ISA408. I just downloaded the manual and a master valve can be wired.

Is this the fix I am looking for :rolleyes: .

I read a previous thread where the Hunter valve is recommended.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, September 9th 2010, 5:58am

A master valve might be the cure for valves with a slow leakage issue, although well water with particles could make a leaker of any valve. A 'scrubber' valve is the best bet for dirty water. Rainbird makes the PESB valve for that demanding application.

steve1111

Unregistered

Thursday, September 9th 2010, 4:17pm

Thanks for the advice wet_boots. I have one more question.

Are there any other alternatives to the rainbird valve. That PESB valve is expensive !!

How about the weathermatic 21000 or the rainbird PEB ?

I am a cheapskate, nuff said.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, September 9th 2010, 8:42pm

Since most pros will filter their well water supplies, they don't need any special valves. In your case, a good strainer could cost more than a PESB valve.

Rate this thread