You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mw

Unregistered

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 7:12pm

Need help on picking sprinkler manufacture

I need help deciding on picking a manufacture, I am looking at having a system installed and overwhelmed with the different manufactures. Thoughts on Toro, Hunter, RainBird?

Fireguy97

Advanced Member

Wednesday, September 1st 2010, 1:25am

When I install a system, I don't install parts from only one manufacturer. I design a system to be installed for a client that meet the watering needs for that client. That might mean a system being made up of; Rainbird 5000 series rotators, Toro valves, Hunter pop-ups and MP Rotators as a spray head, a Nelson/Signature controller, and shrubblers for the drip/micro zone(s).

What it boils down to is that different contractors like different product for different reasons. You haven't told us your watering requirements/needs, sun/shade conditions, turf area, garden area, etc. You could have a football field, six acre property, or a 20'x40' inner city sized turf area to water. Different needs, different manufacturers, different heads, different valves and so on.

Mick
Irrigation Contractor

Certified Backflow Assembly Tester

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Thursday, September 2nd 2010, 6:58pm

I've installed TORO products for years and have been very impressed with their reliability and performance. But, like Fireguy stated, each manufacturer does one thing better than another. Toro rotors, for instance, perform very well with higher water pressures, but don't seem to cover well in low pressure applications. The valves do a tremendous job, even in dirty water applications. Still waiting for them to come out with a decent 6-9 station residential controller. Tired of the TMC series.

Keep in mind, IRRITROL and TORO are basically the same design, but IRRITROL doesn't carry the TORO pricetag.

Rate this thread