You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

motc777

Unregistered

Wednesday, September 1st 2010, 3:41pm

Station 1 continues to run when other stations are running.

I have station 1 that will turn on when programmed, run the required amount of time, then shuts off. Then when station 2 comes on, so does station 1, and it does that through all 6 stations, and after the last station, all water shuts off.

I tried replacing the solenoid, but that didn't work. I even when to the control board, and moved the wire from the post it was on, to another station number's post, and still the same thing is happening.

The solenoid is on tight, the relief screw is too. I have asked this on other forums, but I cannot seem to find someone with the right answer . Please help! Thanks!

Fireguy97

Advanced Member

Thursday, September 2nd 2010, 1:03am

When Zone 1 is running (and only zone 1) remove the zone 1 wire at the clock. See what happens. When zone 2 comes on (and zone 1 is still running) remove the zone 1 wire, see what happens.

Do you have a leak at the heads when the system is off? Have you done any work on the zone 1 valve recently?

I think that you might have a bad diaphragm, or a cracked valve housing. Shut your water off and open up your valve and see if you have any debris inside. Flush out your valve, and clean your diaphragm. When the housing is off, run your fingernail around the rim of the valve where the diaphragm comes in contact with the housing. It should be perfectly smooth. If you can feel a ridge, you probably have a cracked housing and will have to be replaced.

For a test I would remove the top and the guts of zone 1, and swap it out with zone 6. See what happens.

If I saw a problem like this at a clients home, I would probably install a new set of guts. If that didn't work, I would install an entire new valve. This is faster and less expensive for a client.

Mick
Irrigation Contractor

Certified Backflow Assembly Tester

Rate this thread