You are not logged in.

cliao

Starting Member

Saturday, September 11th 2010, 6:58pm

wearthermatic valve not working

I have a LawnMate 7 controller with Wethermatic valves and Hunter sprinkler heads. This system was in place when I bought the house (70 year old house) so I have no idea how old the system is. Everything has worked well for last 2 seasons until now. This is a 3 zone system and the main zone for the front yard is not spraying.

I read up on the system (on this site) and did some work to try fix myself. I switched the solenoid from a working valve to the non-working, and the non-working valve still does not work, but the other valve still works, so it is not the solenoid. So the valve is stuck somehow. I openned up the valve and found a spring and diaphragm, which is intact. I can't figure out how to open the valve manually. I also did not see any debris.

Is anyone familiar with the Wethermatic valves and know how to open the valve manually or any other suggestions? I rather not replace the valve as the unit is old and I am not certain the newer Wethermatic valves will fit. The valve that I have looks like the Wethermatic 12000 series.

Please advice, thanks.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, September 13th 2010, 6:55am

Sometimes it's easiest to have a spare valve to use for parts, or for replacing everything but the valve body in place in the system. If all the moving parts are in working order, then check to see that there isn't a blockage in the valve body itself.