You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

thinders

Starting Member

Monday, September 13th 2010, 2:24pm

Rainbird ESP 6SI won't go into Test nor Manual Advance

NB: I am not familiar with RB systems..........or sprinkler systems in general...... In another life I was an Electronic Tech and still have my trusty VOM....and can remember Ohms Law. Amazing feat when you are 60!

I moved into house last year. Existing RB system. I need to ID where the sprinkler heads were for lawn work. I had used the Test / Manual Advance in the past, with no issues...... as per:

The ESP-Si controller has a built-in test program
that will run each station in sequence for two minutes.
You can use this program to check out the
operation of all the sprinklers in the system.
ΠTurn the dial to AUTO.
 Press both arrow buttons at the same time and
hold them down until...
Ž The display shows the first station number and
two minutes of watering time remaining. The
controller will run each station for two minutes
and then return to AUTO mode to await the next
scheduled start time. Any station that has been
set to a 0 run time will be skipped during the
test program.

The system does have a probe that monitors whether there has been any rain (not sure how it works)... and there had been rain in the previous 24 hours ......

I RTFM manual ....... do not see any errors .....

The Controller LCD looks normal ..... and I can see the program for each segment. Day / Date / Time is correct.

I do not see any error on the screen ....... seems to have power and I can change the program for the segments.

ideas?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 10:02am

If the controller is watering your lawn effectively, then enjoy. If not, then replace it. There is no fixing these things, by and large. (even if you know Ohm's Law, and Kirchhoff's, too)

mrfixit

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 10:47am

If the controller appears to be working but nothing is happening I would suspect your "probe" is doing it's job.

If nothing's happening on the LCD then try resetting the controller. Take out the lithium battery and unplug the controller for a few minutes.

This is a wild guess but make sure the switch is set to C.

Rate this thread