You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

a012210

Starting Member

Friday, September 17th 2010, 2:37pm

Rainbird 600....won't pop up....

I have about 30 psi (I think) powering 4 Rainbird 600 pop up spray heads.

It's only 1 zone as I have a tiny yard. I have to "assist" the pop ups to come up when the water goes on and after that they work great! i know I don't have any debris in the line or the sprinker heads.

If there is enough pressure for them to stay up after I "help" them up, does that mean there is enough pressure to pop them up. They are brand new heads. I'm wondering if another brand (orbit or toro) would have less tension on the spring.

Is there a pop up head sprayer that has a very "low tension" spring that will allow the pop ups to come up easier?

I would love to have feedback as this is a frustrating problem.

Bird3345

Unregistered

Friday, September 24th 2010, 1:48pm

It seems your nozzle size or pipe size is incorrect. Example 15 half nozzles use 2 GPM. if they are fulls they use 4 GPM. You can use a unispray which pop-up at 25 PSI or change the nozzles to MP Rotors Hunter rotor nozzle.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, September 25th 2010, 7:27am

Maybe try the 1800 series popup bodies - pros won't know from the consumer stuff

Rate this thread