You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

shakeum

Starting Member

Sunday, September 19th 2010, 8:50pm

Hunter Pro C - sprinkler comes on and off every few seconds

I have an issue with Hunter Sprinkler system with Pro-C controller and 10 zone. The same issue occurs with each of the zone one after another (7 min time per zone).

1. System turns on, sprinklers for Zone 1 pop up and water for a few seconds
2. The Sprinklers retract and watering stops for couple of seconds
3. Then the sprinklers pop up and water for few seconds then retract for a few seconds
4. This occurs repeatedly until 7 min are up then same thing occurs to next zone and next until all 10 zones are done.

Any idea what could this be? Would reset of the Pro-C controller help? The rain sensor switch is in bypass since I dont have the sensor.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Monday, September 20th 2010, 7:24am

I have an idea where to start.
Do you have a master valve? If you don't know? You could look at the terminal on the controller and see if you have a wire connected to MV near the common. If you have a master valve it sounds like a solenoid problem on the master valve that is shorting out. That is all I got for now.
Good Luck :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Bird3345

Unregistered

Friday, September 24th 2010, 1:53pm

Take the faceplate(the deal with the dial) back to a distribtor and let them know its part of the Hunter Pro-C recall they should give a replacement for free. It is a problem that they had this past year.

mrfixit

Friday, September 24th 2010, 3:41pm

Quoted

by Bird3345 (Guest)

Take the faceplate(the deal with the dial) back to a distribtor and let them know its part of the Hunter Pro-C recall they should give a replacement for free. It is a problem that they had this past year.

Could you tell us more about this recall? What's the date code on the faceplates? I haven't heard of any recall. I called the supply house and they haven't heard of it either. I couldn't find a link telling about any recall. Do you have a link?

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Friday, September 24th 2010, 6:42pm

I am a very active repair company in Houston, and I also have not heard of any recall with this problem.

Please, give us more information.

?( ?( ?(
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, September 25th 2010, 7:21am

There was a Pro-C issue earlier this year, but I don't think it led to the intermittent operation described here.

Rate this thread