You are not logged in.

mattb

Starting Member

Sunday, September 26th 2010, 4:33pm

zone won't turn off

I just replaced a valve, followed by a gate valve. When I turn on the water at the gate valve my first zone (with the new valve) sprays water and wont shut off. The other two valves turn on and off without any problem with the timer, but this zone just keeps running. The only way to get it to stop is to close the gate valve. What is going on?

Thanks,

mrfixit

Sunday, September 26th 2010, 6:02pm

Turn the flow control down a bit. Make sure the solenoid isn't in the on position. Did you install it backwards? Debris in the valve maybe.

Oh yeah one more thing. After installing new valves you need to get the air out of them or they might not shut off. Open the bleeder screw.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Sep 26th 2010, 6:10pm)

kwiens

Starting Member

Thursday, September 30th 2010, 3:39pm

Replacing Hunter SRV with PGV components

... I have had difficulties with the zone controlled by the SRV a few times and am thinking about putting the components of a PGV into that. They look like they have the same base. I read better things of the PGVs. Will this work. Right now I have they SRV apart as it won't shut off.

mrfixit

Thursday, September 30th 2010, 6:06pm

RE: Replacing Hunter SRV with PGV components

... I have had difficulties with the zone controlled by the SRV a few times and am thinking about putting the components of a PGV into that. They look like they have the same base. I read better things of the PGVs. Will this work. Right now I have they SRV apart as it won't shut off.
Yes the diaphragms are the same.

PS try starting a new post if you have another issue.

mrfixit

Thursday, September 30th 2010, 6:07pm

RE: same problem

I'm haveing the same problem, is it possible that the rubber seal inside where I cleaned out debris needs to be replaced?
Yes there could be a hole in the diaphragm. It might be too old to function anymore.

pbren1

Starting Member

Saturday, October 30th 2010, 7:15am

works!

Well, I don't know exactly what happened but I relesed all pressure in the lines and started system back up and all zones work great! Go figure. Thanks

Rate this thread