You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

shellbeach

Unregistered

Monday, September 27th 2010, 4:18pm

Imperial Valet timer....turned the dial the wrong way round...

Alright,
So this silly homeowner, after years of just turning my sprinklers on and off twice a year, decided that she wanted to make sure that everything was working in each area of the sprinklers. All the areas worked great, and so I noticed that while I was at it, the hourly time dial was off by a few hours. which is why my sprinkler were going off at 6am instead of 2am.

Then even though there is a warning telling you to NOT turn the hour timer in the wrong direction...I did it accidentally anyway.

Have I just destroyed my hardworking dependable retro timer? It now does not turn at all...and I need to turn it on manually to get the system to turn on. All the other dials still spin and turn...

Is there anything that I can do? Any suggestions?

Thanks all for any help!!!

-Shell

mrfixit

Monday, September 27th 2010, 5:04pm

I did that once myself. I broke a gear or something inside. I don't remember what it was but I was able to fix it. You need to take the panel off and see what you broke. I think it was at the top. You can still get parts for that controller. Just be very careful because that controller can electrocute you.

As far as the warning sign goes there is one. The arrows.

--

Now that I've had time to think about it. I think I broke a switch or lever. Cracked the plastic. It's been a good ten years but I think that's right.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Sep 27th 2010, 10:22pm)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, September 28th 2010, 1:11pm

Kiss that Imperial Valet good-bye, once you break the main clock motor. Repair is possible, but it would cost more to repair than to install a new solid-state controller.

-

If you love the Valet, and want no others, it could be repaired, but the cost of parts makes it something on the order of at least $200 plus shipping, to have a shop put it back in working order.