You are not logged in.

drsoma

Sunday, October 3rd 2010, 9:25pm

Toro TR50 Hi-Pop Severe Leak

I installed two Toro TR50 Hi-Pop heads (same zone) to replace a standard TR50s so that I could spray over nearby plants. Both spouted water around the pop-up shaft, spraying very little. Nice fountains, but not exactly what I had in mind. I have had no response from either my installer from who I bought the heads (I did the replacement - a simple exchange of TR50 rotor heads), and nothing at all from Toro. Nice service.

Can you help me understand the problem? Or are these rotors perhaps defective? I had to pull them immediately and return to the standard rotors.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Monday, October 4th 2010, 8:41pm

The heads are either missing their wiper seals, or the cap that holds the head together is loose.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 5th 2010, 10:21am

Water pressure may be the issue. Pressure sufficient to pop up a standard head may not be enough for a hi-pop head. The zone may need to be re-nozzled, to bring up the pressure.

drsoma

Wednesday, October 6th 2010, 11:57am

Toro TR50 Hi-Pop Sever Leak

Thanks for both of your replies. I will check my units for the wiper issue, and will talk to my installer about pressure. I have a work-around in place now that satisfies my needs. Both units were to serve a vegetable garden, and I intend to replace the two with a drip system next spring. I do have a couple of other places where those hi-pop units would be useful, so solving the leakage problem would be most beneficial. I sure wish that I'd known of this forum a year ago. Again, many thanks.

Rate this thread