You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wallix

Unregistered

Monday, October 4th 2010, 1:47pm

Service Question/Price

I live in Florida and recently I chopped-up a sprinkler head pretty good with an edger. Anyway, I had a service-tech out to look at it and he also showed me that almost every head in my front-yard seeps around the head when it's on (And only when it's on). He was right, too. It was squishy around the heads after only 3 mins. He told me that to replace all the heads, etc. it would be $410 total (It's about 5 heads). Is that a good price or is it something I can fix own? I know it's a Rainbird system from 2002. I don't know the model number off-hand, though. Any advice?

Thanks!

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Monday, October 4th 2010, 8:48pm

You're looking at about an hours worth of work replacing 5 heads @ $30 a piece (high side). $260/hr labor rate? Seems a little steep.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 5th 2010, 7:24am

It sounds good (For the Service Tech). Way out of line by atleast 100.00. Maybe I should move to Florida, I am getting a little older anyway.

:thumbsup: :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

wallix

Unregistered

Tuesday, October 5th 2010, 9:22am

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. That's what my instincts were telling me, too.

debo

Friday, December 10th 2010, 7:15pm

problem

problem is sprinkler people think there is some "black magic" behind these systems...It is wires, pipes and water...

Do it yourself and save 90%..I was doing a replacment of (3) PGP and the customer stated she was given a price of $150 to fix them..I said $60 since it took about 15 mintues...

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Sunday, December 12th 2010, 3:20pm

And you proably just covered your mileage. $150 isn't out of line for a well established, one-stop irrigation shop. Companies such as these spend lots of money maintaing their overhead in order to better serve their customers. I wouldn't rip on someone's pricing, it typically reflects what type of service a customer can expect, with exceptions.

Customer's have the choice of what amount of money they wish to spend, that's why we give qoutes. Does the reputation of service meet the cost of service?...their choice.

debo

Saturday, January 8th 2011, 9:09pm

And you proably just covered your mileage. $150 isn't out of line for a well established, one-stop irrigation shop. Companies such as these spend lots of money maintaing their overhead in order to better serve their customers. I wouldn't rip on someone's pricing, it typically reflects what type of service a customer can expect, with exceptions.

Customer's have the choice of what amount of money they wish to spend, that's why we give qoutes. Does the reputation of service meet the cost of service?...their choice.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too funny, I just walked across my street to fix the heads for my neighbor...Most installers think it is magic on these systems...And I laugh since I did this for a living. Again it is what I posted above..It is not like working for NASA here folks...Simple

Another easy one was another client was told $300 for a new 1" Febco backflow...I said $75 for a complete unit or $35 for the parks to fix...The upsell is amazing...

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Monday, January 10th 2011, 1:14pm

You are going to be a great Sub Contractor for a long time.

It is not Rocket Science.

Are you available to replace some 1" Febco PVB's for 75.00 Each?

:thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, January 17th 2011, 3:49pm

who said he was a sub? ~ I bet his momma ran away with the sprinkler guy (being that we are all so handsome and studly) and he has hated the trade ever since

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Wednesday, January 19th 2011, 1:34pm

Rather....I bet his Momma was in the sprinkler business, hence the reason he thinks it's "EASY"!