You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

quick11

Thursday, October 7th 2010, 10:53am

Heads go down and water stops in middle of cycle, time still left on zone timer

I am haveing trouble with my sprinkler system. I am on a well and have 8 heads per zone,12 zones, letting out 18 gal a minute total (per my well installer), so the pump will stay on and not cycle on/off. In the middle of a cycle set at 30 min. the heads will go down and stop watering but the timer will keep going. Sometimes the water will come back on and finnish the cycle/zone then go to the next zone and have the same problem in that zone. This seems to happen when i increas the time for zones for longer watering. Am i running out of water in the well tank or is something else wrong, if so how do i fix this or do i set teh timer for shorter times and water more often. Very sandy soil so i need to water alot for lond peroiods.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, October 7th 2010, 7:18pm

almost certainly your well is running low

quick11

Friday, October 22nd 2010, 10:35am

Ok, $350.00 later to lower my pump another 50 feet because my well installer said it was pumping past the water table i am still having the same problem. Around 25 minutes into cycle, at full water pressure the heads just go down and nothing happens. When I go look at the controler(Hunter Pro C) the icon of a sprinkler head is still showing on the front panel and the timer is still counting. It will stay off for 10-15 minutes then start back up or may go to the next zone and start up. I can turn it off and turn it right back on and it will work for another 25 min.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, October 23rd 2010, 9:10am

Just because you are capable of pumping your well dry doesn't mean you are supposed to. You are supposed to know the actual "refill rate" of flow before you design the sprinkler system. If that flow number is not compatible with your pump's performance, then you have to program the watering to be on-again off-again. Water for so many minutes, then rest for so many minutes.

Rate this thread