You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pwrchrd

Starting Member

Sunday, October 10th 2010, 11:49am

SRS Heads twist a few degrees when zone goes off

Greetings, I have a system comprised of 8 zones and 8 SRS (I believe these are Hunters professional heads) 360 degree adjustable spray heads each. I notice that when a zone goes off a few of my heads will slightly twist a few degrees as they are recessing back into the head shaft. This means the next time they pop up they are off by 10-15 degrees. Any thoughts on why this is happening? Not all of them do it, some stay aligned forever. Some that are straying from my desired ARC have been replaced and a still doing it! Could this be a water pressure issue? I appear to have lots of pressure, maybe too much? How would I tell?

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Sunday, October 10th 2010, 1:00pm

The only problem that comes to mind is the possibility that the ratcheting riser is worn. Inside the head there is a collar that has notches on it which allow you to twist the riser into a desired direction and hold it in position. This collar has notches on it that match up with the ridges in the base of the head. My question to you is this: Did the entire head get replaced, or just the internals? I'm thinking the ridges in the base of the head are either broken or worn.

Rate this thread