You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

craigwagner6

Tuesday, August 19th 2003, 6:20am

Clamps for Poly Pipe

Does anyone have any suggestions on what type of clamp is the cheapest and/or easiest to use for clamping fittings into 1" poly?
Does Sprinkler Warehouse carry these? If not, any suggestions on where to get them?

Thanks,
Craig

drpete3

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 19th 2003, 8:00am

As I have stated many times try to use saddles as much as possible. Either blazing saddles or the other standard type. I cant think of the name. RVLI help me out. when I do have to use slip type T's etc I use the screw type of hose clamp. I can get them locally for about 60 cent a piece.

Check SW under fittings and you will see the saddles that I am talking about. SW has lots of good accessories. Also if you are new in doing irrigation funny pipe is also great because no clamps are required.
Thanks,

Pete

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 19th 2003, 8:13am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">RVLI help me out<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You mean dawn bolt saddle tee's?

drpete3

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 19th 2003, 10:13am

yes but I thought you have used a brand name in the past. Is it a dawn saddle t?
Thanks,

Pete

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 19th 2003, 1:58pm

If you are using the Standard Tee (i use them) i would use Crimp clamps...you simply slide on the clamp..insert the fittings, and using a "Crimper tool" squeeze the raised bump on the clamp shut.....thats it (much eaiser than using worm gear clamps) I do believe Sprinkler warehosue carries the clamps and the tool!
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 19th 2003, 5:16pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by drpete3</i>
<br />yes but I thought you have used a brand name in the past. Is it a dawn saddle t?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yes, a Dawn Saddle Tee by Dawn Industries. Also known as a "Quik Seal" Tee.

Found here: http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/shop3/MiscFittingsPoly_FittingsTees.html

[:D]

Rate this thread