You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mrfixit

Monday, October 11th 2010, 2:41am

Message from 8014

This came in an email.

8014 has sent the following message from SPRINKLER TALK FORUM

I have what I believe is a Rain Jet Classic 3/4” anti-siphon valve which looks like its most recent version is Lawn Genie 540000.

It is leaking from under the top flat cap portion of the bell jar cover. It drips no matter if the controller is off, if it’s on and the sprinklers are running, and after the relief screw was loosened.

From the forums, it looks like this might be remedied with unscrewing the bell jar cap and looking for debris, but so many of those they request help on this issue also mention a seeping sprinkler. I don’t have an obvious seeping sprinkler head, but possibly the drip heads at the end of the line might be watering a little more than normal. It’s hard to tell.

Could you let me know what you think?

Thanks very much.

mrfixit

Monday, October 11th 2010, 2:44am

If i read this correctly you say it's only leaking while the valve is on.

Yes unscrew that cap. See if there's debris or if the rubber float washer is cracked or broken.

Just be careful to not snap the pipe while unscrewing the cap. Use two wrenches.

--

If it's leaking 24 hours a day check the diaphragm for debris.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Oct 11th 2010, 2:50am)