You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tomas21

Wednesday, October 13th 2010, 2:46pm

Designed layout now need input on major materials (controller, valves, sprinkler sprays, etc)

I have designed my landscape and irrigation based on various discussions with irrigation contractors. I have someone that is going to install all of my irrigation and is going to give me a take-off list. I want to get input should I consider changing any of the brands/models to potentially have a better product and or save money (purchase from online resource vs. wholesaler)

While everyone has their opinion on what is the “best” materials to use in a irrigation design I wanted to pick everyone’s brain.

Looking for input as to recommended parts based on our design (more details in attachment)
2 lawns - (11x28 & 14X18)
3 Separate Planters

Controller –
Hunter Pro-C with Solar Sync
Weathermatic SL1600 with on-site Weather monitor
Rainbird ESP-SMT

Valves -
Champion - CL466P-075 - Classic Automatic Anti-Siphon Valve
Irritrol 2711APR
Hunter ASV-075

Sprinkler Sprays –
Hunter - PRS30-CV – 4in Pop-Up Spray Head with Pressure Regulator and Check Valve
Hunter - PRS40-CV - Hunter MP Rotator 4 inch Pop-Up Body with 40 PSI Regulator & Check Valve
Toro 570z-4p-PRX 4" Pop-up Body w/ Pressure reg & check valve

Nozzles -
Toro Precision
Hunter MP Rotator

Goal:
Living in Los Angeles where water is being rationed, having a system that saves as much water as possible is ideal (rotary nozzles, rain sensor, smart controller, etc).

Controller Reviews:
tomas21 has attached the following files:
  • Design.gif (12.61 kB - 6 times downloaded - Last download: Jul 1st 2011, 11:21am)
  • System Specs.gif (15.76 kB - 7 times downloaded - Last download: Jul 1st 2011, 11:21am)
  • zones.gif (18.11 kB - 5 times downloaded - Last download: Jul 1st 2011, 11:21am)

This post has been edited 7 times, last edit by "tomas21" (Oct 21st 2010, 12:06am)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, October 15th 2010, 8:07pm

Valves = Irritrol 2711APR ~ they are repairable forever, and will not be an issue so far as performance goes on your newly installed system.