You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

DarbyCreek

Starting Member

Thursday, October 14th 2010, 10:52am

Hardie Valve wont shut off

I have about 4 or 5 hardie valves and i think they are the 100 series? anyways they seem to weep and dont shut down completely even after i replaced the diaphram and checked the soleniod. any suggestions on how to fix it? or what the problem is?

mrfixit

Thursday, October 14th 2010, 4:01pm

Sometimes on the 100 valve the seat will crack. That's the part the diaphragm pushes against. Take the valve back apart and look very closely at the diaphram and seat. Look for a hairline crack in the seat or an impression in the seat washer of the crack. No way to fix a cracked seat. You'll need to swap out the whole valve. I find the crack is usually at 12 oclock but not always.
---
There's a rare possibility the controller itself is sending a weak signal while it's off to the valves causing them to weep.

mrfixit

Saturday, October 16th 2010, 8:50am

Darby, you could always install a master valve. That would eliminate all or most of the weeping.

You did install the old style diaphragm and not the double beaded one?