You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sparky030405

Starting Member

Friday, October 29th 2010, 6:06am

Hunter MP Rotators vs PGP gear driven pop-ups

I got two quotes to install pop-up irrigation to my lawns. One company proposed Hunter MP Rotators and the other proposed PGP gear driven pop-ups in large turf areas and SRS fixed pop-ups in small turf areas. I don't have any knowledge of pop-ups, so would appreciate other peoples recommendation on which way to go....

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Friday, October 29th 2010, 9:09am

They are both good. MP's use less water.
The important thing is the head to head coverage, pressure loss, zoning in logical patterns, gallons per minute, water source, and an artful installation. After the install, it is all about routine maintenance and scheduling of the irrigation system.

Also never mix 2 types of heads spray/rotor/drip/bubbler on the same zone.

:thumbsup: :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

mrfixit

Friday, October 29th 2010, 1:56pm

If you go with the Hunter guy ask him to install Pro sprays instead of SRS's. They'll last longer and don't cost much more.

Rate this thread