You are not logged in.

Waring

Sunday, January 23rd 2011, 2:58pm

Converting from muni to well water

I have a well in my back yard and the back yard sprinklers are supplied by the well. The front yard was set up to be supplied by city water by the original owners, however, there is a well waterpipe with faucet running into the front yard. I want to discontinue the muni use (I already have the valve shut off) and connect the well water access line (faucet) to the irrigation system already on the lawn. How do I do this please? The present system is on an automatic controller (presently shut off). Thanks you any assistance re conversion to well.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, January 24th 2011, 4:06pm

Not enough information - I would need to know more about the existing well setup ~ you have to go farther than closing a supply valve to take city water out of the picture. Physically cutting the connection and removing pipe is required.

Waring

Friday, January 28th 2011, 9:21pm

Muni to well water

Thank you Wet Boots. I have the well water line within two yards of the irrig muni line shut off. I know I will have to dig around to find out where the irrigation lines are nearby between the well tap and the muni line. I am thinking of using a flexible line from the well tap (my home is in southern Calif so I am not worried about freezing) to bypass the muni connection but I need to know how to determine what to connect the flex line to and how to change the system wiring so that not only does the well feed the irrig system but the Controller will pickup on any wire revisions (if I even have to change anything??)

Thank you for your assistance.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, January 31st 2011, 10:49am

no flexible tubing needed - use PVC union fittings to help make connections - don't count on getting a good grade of polyethylene tubing in PVC country

-

Also, look for various "repair fittings" in the store

Rate this thread