You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Topher

Unregistered

Monday, January 24th 2011, 4:18pm

Rain/Pro HIT 310-050 1"

I am currently designing a new irrigation system for my market vegetable garden and my local nursery has sugested the Rain/Pro HIT 310-050 @1". I have done all my calculations on flow and pressure which works for the 1" valve however i have not seen many review on the Rain/Pro product. Has anyone used or famiuliar with the quailty of these products? I am happy to pay for quality.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Monday, January 24th 2011, 6:06pm

My 2 Cents. I am not aware of the product specification. I am a contractor in Houston. What I can tell you is that HIT is not a mainstream product in Houston. It may be in other geographic regions of the country. There may be niche applications for no power applications or solar or etc...

I would also not recommend buying your irrigation supplies from your local nursery. Again, I don't know how big your market is. I am in Houston and would go to an irrigation supply house. You may not have irrigation supply houses in your town.

In Houston the major manufactures that we install are Rainbird and Hunter.

Good Luck :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Topher

Unregistered

Monday, January 24th 2011, 8:29pm

Rain/Pro HIT 310-050

Thanks. Looking at their website Rain/Pro seems to be a smaller local CA company. I like the fact that they are mfg in the USA and local to me however I am more interested in long term quality.

I am now looking at the hunter line of products - just bought a Pro - C controller, so for consistency sake sticking with the same manufacturer. I am thinking of going with the PGV series of valves, any thoughts there?

Thanks Again

Topher

Unregistered

Monday, January 24th 2011, 9:07pm

Rain/Pro HIT 310-050

I have been reading this blog and seems to be a heavy push for the Irritrol 2400 valve. Is this the best application for light commercial operation?

mrfixit

Tuesday, January 25th 2011, 1:05am

I've installed the HIT valve. It's a pretty cheap valve. The cheap plastic stem can break off easily. I wouldn't ever recommend it over an Irritrol valve.
Speaking of Irritrol valves. Don't go with the 2400 especially on a drip line. The jar tops eventually crack and or leak.
I've had nothing but bad luck trying to keep those valves from leaking once they start.
The 2500 with flow control is a good valve. So is the Hunter valve you mentioned but I've seen a few bonnets crack on the PGV.
An excellent valve is the Irritrol 205. Just snug up the bonnet screws before you install it.
The 2500 can be turned on manually without any water leakage. Also an excellent valve.

So 205 or 2500 is my recommendation.

www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Irritrol-Sprinkler-Irrigation-Valve-p/205tf.htm

www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Irritrol-Sprinkler-Irrigation-Valve-p/2500tf.htm

Topher

Unregistered

Thursday, January 27th 2011, 10:18am

Rain/Pro

Thanks for all the comments. I have decided on the Irritrol 700 for my application.

mrfixit

Thursday, January 27th 2011, 10:37am

Excellent valve.

Topher

Unregistered

Thursday, January 27th 2011, 11:02am

Rain/Pro

Mrfixit - please see my question on micellaneous board

kosterirrigation

Saturday, February 12th 2011, 8:36pm

Ive never heard of them, although it could be a good product.

Rate this thread