You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

molina1455

Starting Member

Saturday, February 19th 2011, 11:18am

Irrigation control valve box

My irrigation control valve box is always flooded, even when I have not turned on my sprinkler system during the winter. What could the problem be?

kosterirrigation

Saturday, February 19th 2011, 2:47pm

Well, if the water has been shut off to the system, meaning you have physically shut down the water source to the system and the pipes have no pressure on them, (Example; water meter shut off or backflow has been drained, power to a Well shut off if you're on a well. ETC, you more than likely dont have a leak.

If the water is still turned on to the system you may have a leak at a joint or a threaded connection at or near the valve.

If your water is shut off and continuing to be present in the box, it is more than likely ground water seeping into the box. Or the box is in a low point in the yard and water is collecting there.

If it is a low point try digging up and raising the box to make it level with the grade (or 1/4" higher or so)

Make sure the valve box isnt resting on top of any PVC pipes as any weight by mowers, ETC can actually be transferred directly to the pipes and will break.

Rate this thread