You are not logged in.

dejswa

Unregistered

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 10:34pm

Non Ac power irrigation controllers

I am looking for a controller that can cover about 6 zones and does not require AC power. I have lots of experience with 24VAC solenoid systems. However, 24 V systems cannot easily be made to run without AC power. The solenoids require constant power when the zone is on.

I recently installed a single zone system using a DIG 6VDC solenoid. These solenoids only require a brief on or off pulse of polarized DC current to turn them either on or off and thus are well suited for a battery system. However there is not much support for the DIG systems and it is hard to find a retailer for the system and they are expensive. They make a battery operated system that uses a 9 volt battery and runs for about a year on it. They also have a solar powered system.

Do you know of any other makers of battery operated, multizone, DC solenoid systems besides DIG?

Thanks.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 10:38pm

Both Toro and Hunter offer 9V battery operated controllers. I think the maximum number of stations is 4 with the Toro DDC controller.

spcs2130

Friday, February 25th 2011, 5:03pm

RE: Non Ac power irrigation controllers

I am looking for a controller that can cover about 6 zones and does not require AC power. I have lots of experience with 24VAC solenoid systems. However, 24 V systems cannot easily be made to run without AC power. The solenoids require constant power when the zone is on.

I recently installed a single zone system using a DIG 6VDC solenoid. These solenoids only require a brief on or off pulse of polarized DC current to turn them either on or off and thus are well suited for a battery system. However there is not much support for the DIG systems and it is hard to find a retailer for the system and they are expensive. They make a battery operated system that uses a 9 volt battery and runs for about a year on it. They also have a solar powered system.

Do you know of any other makers of battery operated, multizone, DC solenoid systems besides DIG?

Thanks.

spcs2130

Friday, February 25th 2011, 8:13pm

DC Control

Sorry baby hit wronge button earlier. Yes he's right but in my best knowledge, hunter hybrid can allow you dc capabilities and if you choose to run ac later, do not have to change controllers only the power converter. I think they sell in 8 or 12 sta.

Rate this thread