You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Waring

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 4:37pm

Sprinkler Leak and lawn bog/flood

Part of my lawn was a bit flooded last fall and boggy. I do not know how to figure out whether or not I have a broken sprinkler head or line. Heads seem to be ok when 'on'. There is no obvious out of control sprinkler head. Other than digging up the lawn looking for whatever pattern of piping may have been used in configuring the system, are there other tests I should consider first?

mrfixit

Sunday, February 27th 2011, 12:35pm

This question is tricky. There are a variety of reasons why an area might be wet or boggy.

Since you said it WAS boggy, it sounds like it might be surface water. Meaning the area was being over watered. Is it an area that gets a lot of shade? I get the call every year. People don't reprogram their timers from season to season. Where the summer heat would evaporate the water now the fall/winter weather wont allow it and they get bogs.
--
Was the water shut off to the system for the winter or has it been under pressure the whole time?