You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

aguden

Starting Member

Sunday, March 13th 2011, 11:21am

New Heads/Layout for Dressage Ring

I have a dressage ring (65" x 195' sand) that is currently being watered by 12 Hunter PGP rotors. The ring was shifted 12 feet many years ago and the coverage is uneven. I want to replace the PGPs with Hunter I25s and was planning to place one head in each corner and then 2 heads on each long side one third of the way down. The old PGPs didn't do a very good job of watering the centerline of the ring and with the move, there was lots of puddles along a few areas. My only concern is whether I should use a smaller nozzle on the corner heads? Or maybe place 2 heads at the center of the ends rather than in the corners? And thoughts? The system is fed by a 7.5 HP pump from a 3" well and the feed to this zone is 1".

Cordially
Al Guden
aguden@guden.com
Cordially

Al Guden
aguden@guden.com

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Monday, March 14th 2011, 7:41am

Well yeah, The nozzle size should be different.

If you have a rotor spraying a 180 degree at 5GPM, then to have a Rotor head spraying only a 90. To match your precip rate it should be a 2.5 .

I've dealt with several dressage rings. It would have been nice to have your supply feed line to at least 1.5". Is most of the line above ground?

The I25's Throw out a ton amount more of water, but can also throw at like 40-50' . It's possible if you cut your heads to 6-7 and keep the 180 spray heads to around 6gpm and the corners 3 then the 1 inch can supply them.

If you have the ability to upgrade to 1.5" then do it

The main problem with that is the more water you push through a smaller line the higher the velocity, which in turn is a higher probability for fittings to blow and damage to your electronic valve

Your pump is noo problem, that sucker can handle much much more depending on Head