You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

stellar495

Starting Member

Thursday, March 17th 2011, 8:57pm

Hunter Pro C Inopperative-New home owner

Hello all,
My wife and I recently purchased a new home and it is equipped with a Hunter Pro C Sprinkler system. I was attempting to test the system for the first time this evening and was unsuccessful. ?( When I put it to run mode and set the time for the zones, a small icon that resembles a sprinkler head flashes and nothing happens. Our neighbor said the system was probably shut off at the valve?? We found a small in ground box with 2 electric solenoids inside. Are these the valves? They said to turn a 1/4 turn to "on". So I did that and still nothing and the icon is still flashing. Any ideas on what might be the cause? Thanks in advance.

mrfixit

Thursday, March 17th 2011, 9:12pm

Look for a shut off valve that supply water to the system.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Thursday, March 17th 2011, 10:41pm

Like fixit says, you need to find your main water source isolation valve for the irrigation system . The phsyical water is turned off.

Be sure to turn those electronic valves you turned 1/4 back .

It may be worth it to you to have a local irrigation company come out and spend an hour for $50-90 or so to show you the ropes of how your irrigation system works.

If you don't want to spend the cash then I recommend to start researching online on how sprinkler systems work. There are many many websites that explain it.
Basically

The phsyical Side

Water Supply ( Water Meter) > Branch off water supply ( Tee at the meter, near your house, or crawl space), Isolation valve ( The valve that isolates your from your house/water meter to the irrigation system- this is usually a Back flow assembly in the form of a DCVA, RPBA, PVB or AVB) > Main Line ( Constantly charged line the branches out the valves) > Valves ( Each valve is 1 zone and irrigates a certain section in your yard)

The electronic side

Irrigation Controller ( Installed practially anywhere near a plug, generally it's inside your garage or outside the exterior side of the house next to a plug) > Irrigation Wire ( This wire Branches out to all of the valves, because the valves are electronic they need power to work)

Good Luck!

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 11:03am

It could also be a cut wire to a rainsensor. This is one of the most vulnerable connections on a sprinkler system. Vulnerable to new fence installation, new gutters, tree limbs, pressure washing, new phone line, weedeaters. Look around the garage or fence line where your cables exit the Garage? Look up.

A simple fix. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Rate this thread