You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tltallman

Starting Member

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 9:19am

For four months we've been having a horrifying experience with our hunter control system

:evil: I won't go throuh EVERYTHING, but I've spent more time at the control box than walking my dog this winter.

It's been "reprogrammed" a thousand times. I feel like I'm in the movie Carrie.

WHAT it is doing now....IS a station will come on...comeon again....come on again. My 20sqft of grass looks like a swimming pool.

My current thought is that I need to hit the clear all button to wipe everything out...that there are some residual times in it? What do you all think?

tt

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 10:56am

If you let a Hunter timer horrify you, You need to buy a new timer. Even if it does work, you need to clear your self of all the pain.
Personally, I think the Hunter Pro C is the best for the price on the market. If you don't want to buy a new clock, don't clear everything from memory just yet.
Go through all of your programs and see if they are active and you are not aware of them. Look for start times, days of the week to water, and station run times. If all of your start times are set for 8:00 A.M. you will probably have multiple cycle runs. You want to have only one active program until you can build some confidence in your timer.
Cheer up it is almost over!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 9:53pm

Not trying to step over yah tod! I just want to explain a little more about programming

Read through your entire manual!!!!

The Controller has 3 Programs- A, B, C

Within each Program the controller has 4 start times - Program A- 4 start times, Program B- 4 start times, Program C -4 start times.

Within each Start time- the controller will water ALL zones that have minutes on them. ( For example, If you have 6 zones and they are all programed with 10 minutes of run time- Program A with 1 start time at 8 am. The controller will Run All 6 zones and the completed cycle of all the zones will be at 9am

As well, Like tod said- This controller has the ability for Stackable programming. If you have for example program A with all 4 start times at 8 AM, The controller will start the 1st start time and then finish, revert back to the second start time and finish, revert to the 3rd and finish and the same with the 4th.

Alot of times what happens with people with 4 zones or less is they think the program start time is the zone start time.
So they go Start time 1 -8am ( Thinking zone one ONLY will come on at 8) Start time 2 - 8:15 ( Thinking ONLY zone 2 will come on at 8:15 And so on. While in reality- Start time 1 irrigates all zones, the controller reverts back to start time 2 because of stackable programming And so on) There is a differen't brand controller out there that has 4 programs and 12-17 start times on each program. On occasion- I'll deal with a 30 zone system and a new homeowner programed the controller with all the start times thinking they were turning on the zones and then getting afew thousand dollar water bill and a sogggggy yard.

I recommend one last try on programming, Clear out everything - Use program A- with ONLY 1 start time. and if it doesn't work. Replace it- And if your still have issues after it's replaced.. Have a company come out and do this for you and don't ever touch it . ( Not trying to be mean but it's true that there are people I deal with that just don't understand this and when I have to go out there 5 times in 2 months and explain Exactly what I just said but yet the managed to still EF it all up, then I can say this!)

Rate this thread