You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Drizzle

Starting Member

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 2:28pm

Pump running but no pressure or water movement

Any help would be appreciated. My pump runs, but there is no pressure building. I have taken the pressure gauge out and added water because I thought that I may have lost prime. I filled the pump with water until it wouldn't take anymore. Then cut on the pump. Still nothing. I have a foot valve installed so that I don't lose prime. Is my well dry or is the impeller in the pump bad or something else I may not be thinking of?

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Thursday, March 24th 2011, 2:08am

Could be a number of things

It's possible to what you asked is the issue.. Other issues could be

Bad Master valve ( if applicable) .. Bad common splice ( Meaning the valves aren't turning on, but the pump is ) , Bad rain sensor wireing ( Do you have a rain sesnor? , Is there a jumper between the 2 ports?)
It's possible your footvalve has failed and is now leaking, or that you have a main line break and the water is just spewing out somewhere in your yard.
The list goes on

I recommend to get an irrigation company out to inpsect and diagnose for you

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, March 24th 2011, 8:05am

You need an isolation valve between the pump and the system it feeds, and a tee between them with a valve on the side outlet.

-

The idea here is that a pump that is otherwise okay will have trouble priming without something to "push against" ~ and a sprinkler system often cannot meet this requirement. That's where the isolation valve comes in. Close that valve. Slightly open the side-outlet valve on the tee between the pump and the isolation valve. Prime the pump. If it is in good working order, you will achieve a full flow from the side outlet, opening it wider, as needed. Then you can simultaneously close the side outlet, while opening the isolation valve, in effect transferring the flow to the system.

Repairs

Unregistered

Sunday, March 27th 2011, 11:45am

Master Valve

Doyou have the option on your timer to turn on the Master Valve?