You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

acataldo

Starting Member

Friday, March 25th 2011, 3:03pm

Sprinkler Heads Bleed Constantly Due to Sediment Getting into Diaphragm

Hi-
I have had my system only a few years and the past year I was hardly able to use it. The kicker here is that I use my well water to supply the water as that is all I have available. I have installed the finest filter which is before the water hits the diaphragm and still I get bleeding due to sediment on the diaphragm. Is there any other way to avoid this? The only thing I could think of would be a shutoff that would need to be in sync with the sprinkler timer that would literally shut off the water to the system when the sprinklers are not going. However I have not been able to find such a device that is connected to a timer of some sort. Without this fix, my sprinkler system is basically worhtless as I cannot afford to have the sprinkler heads bleed.

Thanks..Tony

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, March 26th 2011, 9:08am

What make and model of filter? What make and model of valves?

Rate this thread