You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wherediputit

Unregistered

Sunday, March 27th 2011, 11:29pm

Questions Regarding Toro 53381 Leak

Hi Everybody,

I had a few questions pertaining to one of my sprinkler valves, all of which are Toro 53381. We have had our sprinkler system for about 22 years and just recently replaced the Toro PVB with a Febco, which is working great. After I installed that, I replaced the diaphragm and solenoid in one of the valves (the others had been replaced recently already) well upon testing everything worked fine, and then shortly after that, that station wouldn't come on unless I opened the bleeder and wouldn't turn off. So today I took it apart again and couldn't find any cracks or debris, put it back together and it worked but now water is coming out of where the solenoid mounts to the valve (on these valves there are two screws that hold the solenoid to the valve top). We have turned off the water to the valves and are now at a loss as to what route we should take to fix it. Should we buy a new 53381 (only one place near us sells them) or should we start replacing each valve with Irritrol 2400 or 2500s?

Any other ideas are much appreciated, and I thank you in advance for your assistance.

mrfixit

Monday, March 28th 2011, 2:09am

Is the O-ring missing?