You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jab

Starting Member

Monday, March 28th 2011, 7:16pm

1.5 HP pump, 1" zone line and 6 falcon heads

I have a 1.5 HP pump and the gauge at the pump reads 90 psi. I have a large, open lawn area, which would take 72 Rainbird 5000 heads v/s 28 Rainbird 6504 heads. How do I know for sure that I can run (6) Rainbird Falcon 6504 rotors (with the 2.9 gpm nozzles, or next size up) per zone? I was planning on comming off of the 1.25" main line and using 1" zone line having 6 Falcons per zone. Should I use 1.25 zone, with 1.25 valves? I just wanna be certain because the materials will be delivered from approx 50 miles away. Thank You, - Andy

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, March 29th 2011, 8:18am

How about you turn on the pump and take combined flow-and-pressure measurements? This is entirely in your hands.

-

As far as sprinklers go, it may be that the best bang for your buck will be from Hunter PGP heads with their largest nozzles.

-

But test your water supply first. Then figure what sprinkler heads it can operate.

Rate this thread