You are not logged in.

denm31

Monday, April 4th 2011, 3:11pm

controller for drip line squealing

hello, i have a loud squeal when the controller for my drip lines comes on , someone recomended replacing the solenoid , tried two still did the same thing, it is a 10 yr old rainbird do not know the model , is there anything i could try or do you think i should replace the whole unit.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Monday, April 4th 2011, 3:35pm

The controller squeals when that zone turns on? Or the drip zone is squealing? Can you isolate what exactly the squeal is coming from? How long does the squeal last?

If it's from the drip zone, and the squeal is lasting 15 seconds or so.. It's the water pushing the air out of the lines.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Monday, April 4th 2011, 3:36pm

I haven't heard of a controller doing that for a particular zone, you can try moving that zone wire to a different port and see if it does it..
I've heard transformers making lots of noises when they are going out, but that's with everything not just one zone.

mrfixit

Monday, April 4th 2011, 6:18pm

He probably means the valve is squeeling. It's going bad. Replace or repair it.

denm31

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 8:45am

sorry i think i put this in the wrong area

yes i thought it was the control valve for the drip line, tried new 2 new selonoids, tried cleaning diaphram, finally replaced valve altogether, still doing it , it seems to be the filter , took it apart cleaned the filter,flushed it out but it still squeals. when i tap it it stops for a couple of seconds.but it is constant when ever the zone is running.is there anything else i can do or do i have to replace this now, thanks for your help

mrfixit

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 10:18am

Never heard a filter squeel. Is there a pressure reducer near by?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 1:00pm

How much flow is there? Maybe this is a case of too little flow for reliable valve operation.

Rate this thread