You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Lola

Unregistered

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 10:43am

Zone Will Not Shut Off

Previously, this zone would not operate so I replaced the solenoid (didn't solve the problem) and then the diaphragm. The zone worked... for two cycles. Now, it will not shut off. I've done the following:

• reset the controller (disconnected the power, removed battery) and reprogrammed
  • inspected the solenoid
  • inspected the diaphragm

There is no voltage at the solenoid, so the controller is not asking the zone to run. Any thoughts?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 1:02pm

If all the removeable parts are in good working order, that leaves the valve body itself.

mrfixit

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 3:57pm

Did you forget to put the diaphragm spring back in?

Lola

Unregistered

Friday, April 8th 2011, 7:35am

All Parts Back In, Except...

I took the valve apart (again) and realized the large white plastic perforated ring that is fitted under the diaphragm is missing... not sure where it is. Obviously, it was there for a reason. All seven of my control valves have (had) them. Is this the problem? What is the function of this ring?

Rate this thread