You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Craig-o

Unregistered

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 10:54pm

One zone not shutting off properly

Hello all - I've got a sprinkler system that when running on a timer, zone 2 will not shut off. If the programmed watering schedule is running, zone 1 runs fine, zone 2 comes on when zone 1 shuts off, zone 3 comes after the time for zone 2 expires but zone 2 doesn't shut off. I think zone 2 would keep on running until the whole program is complete if I'd let it. If I run zones manually, when I run zone 2 it takes a good 20 seconds to shut off after the time limit has expired. It takes approximately the same amount of time to shut off if I have zone 2 running then switch the controller to off.

I hope this explination is clear and I'd appreciate any insight anyone can provide.

mrfixit

Friday, April 8th 2011, 11:31am

Try turning the flow control down a bit. If it's open all the way a valve can do what you've described. The diaphragm might be getting stiff and might need replacing. Even with a new diaphragm you don't want the flow control open all the way.

Rate this thread