You are not logged in.

ohiorebel

Sunday, April 10th 2011, 8:59am

Valve replacement project

My home sprinkler system is designed with two valve boxes, one in the front yard and the other in the back yard. Each valve box has a PVC manifold with 4 custom sections and 4 toro valves (flow master or something like that). The valves have been leaking for years, but have now got to the point that one station will not shut off in its normally line up ( i had to switch valve 5 with valve 8 so that after the watering cycle it would shut off. So this year, I plan on swapping the valves out. I thought it might be simpler to purchase a pre made premium valve manifold kit from sprinkler warehouse. I'm looking for a recommendation on the valves, as I stated above, I currently have 1 inch toro's and prefer to change them to hunter or rainbird.

So any pros or cons with using the pre made manifolds with valves included?
Which valve will serve me better Hinter or rainbird?

Thanks in advance

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 10th 2011, 2:01pm

I personally wouldn't ever use a pre-made manifold..

But then when I run into them on the field, I've yet to see too many problems with them.
One thing I would think about is your water pressure, What's your psi? Many of those pre-mades are just a plastic union with a o-ring. Those valves are fast closing valves, with higher water pressure I could see the union becoming loose overtime as the valves closed

In my opinion I prefer Rain Bird over hunter. I recommend the Rain bird DVF-100 which is a solid residential valve.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 10th 2011, 4:14pm

How about a photo of the existing manifolds? Your specific setup might have a specific solution.

Rate this thread