You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

evoqguy

Unregistered

Tuesday, April 12th 2011, 10:49am

New Valve Vibration

I just switched out my old Irritol 2400T valve with a new one. Now when you turn on that zone is comes on vibrating and makes alot of noise. It will then quiet down but once it shuts off the whole thing vibrates and shakes again. I have tried turning on all the zones to release any air. Any suggestions on whats wrong or what I can do to correct this issue? Is this a bad valve?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 12th 2011, 12:21pm

How does the zone this valve feeds compare to the others? Sometimes these noises indicate an excess flow.

mrfixit

Tuesday, April 12th 2011, 12:36pm

Did you release the air by opening up the bleeder screw? Could still be some trapped in there.

evoqguy

Unregistered

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 8:02am

The new valve I installed is an Orbit model with no Bleed Screw. The zone performs 100% and the water pressure seems right as well and no different then from any other zone. The issue is only when it switches on (Its the first valve of the 6 Zones I have) and it occurs again when then zone is slowly closing. It seems to be a pretty violent shake and thats why I am concerned it may damage the system or pipes connected to it. I was thinking maybe the valve itself is no good. Is there any way to remove the air besides a bleeder screw or should I try blowing out the entire system and restarting?

mrfixit

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 10:44am

The Orbit valve could be the problem. It's not a valve I would ever install unless requested by the person who hired me. Sometimes people will buy the parts and want me to install them.

As far as bleeding it without a screw you could loosen the solenoid until it leaks.

If the valve has a flow control you can try putting it in different positions.

Maybe try switching the valve to another position so it doesn't come on first or last.

What about Boots comment?

Rate this thread