You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

seansy59

Advanced Member

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 2:36pm

Valve box floods with rain....A Problem????

Ok. I'm new here, so I am just learning, and so far I love this site!! Well, here is one. I just installed a sprinkler system myself. 3/4 100 PSI poly pipe we only have 40-60 psi pressure. Poly pipe feed, and it is connected directly to the outdoor hose faucet with a splitter due to many obstacles trying to get to the house, as some of the poly in on our patio for about 10 feet, then it runs underground with the wire to the valve box with 2 zones. The problem is that the valve box floods with rain. It is filled right to the top, even the grass has about 2-3 inches of water around it for about 15 feet. Basically, the whole yard is underwater everywhere! The is no good place for it except there. Is the box filling with water a problem?? Will it ruin anything. The wires did go under water also, with the connections. I am going to get waterproof gel caps for the connections. Other than that, it takes about 3 days to drain. Can i still power the system if its under water there?? I know its harmless voltage, only about 24 volts, but will it ruin the valves/timer. Any help is appreciated.
I'm no expert..........YET! :D I just like to suggest things and learn... :thumbsup: See what the pro's have to say first.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 1:23am

just make sure you get the gel caps on the wire connections and you are fine.

Consider installing a small catch basin and run drain line to a different area to help drain the area

Rate this thread