You are not logged in.

archer

Starting Member

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 12:49am

All Zones weep

This is an 11 zone system with I believe Buckner valves and a Hunter controller. This is in southern CA so freezing is never a problem. The system was off but pressurized for about 6 months. After turning on, all worked OK except zone 11 would not turn on. The solenoid appears to work OK, nothing stuck in the valve body. Then I noticed the pressure gauge downstream of the regulator showed zero pressure. Replaced the regulator with new and turned water on. Now all circuits weep water and cannot get pressure to hold in the system. Tried adjusting the regulator but no help problem still exists. Cut power to the controller, removed back up battery, still all circuits weep water and no pressure in the system. I'm baffled. Help please!

mrfixit

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 2:37am

Do you have a master valve? If so maybe that's the valve that's weeping.

mrfixit

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 4:04pm

Archer emailed me stating he doesn't think he has a master valve.

Here's a scenario for you archer. What if the shut off valve isn't on all the way from when you did your repair or what if it's broken almost all the way in the off position not allowing any of the valves to close.

Ball valves can break on the inside but the handle still turns giving the appearance they still work. Gate valves can also break in the closed position but the handle still turns.