You are not logged in.

amcgeary

Unregistered

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 11:23am

Rain Birder ESP-6TM Control Panel Blown?

Unit showing PR Off. Pulled cover to see a part burnt out (see below). Looks like a short at TH6. I am trying to determine if the entire panel needs to be replaced; if TH6 is related to zone 6; if any may have an idea as to what could have triggered this; and options may exist to fix it. Other info: fuse has been replaced, power outlet/breaker are good; I still need to check power adapter. I want to be sure I rule out a problem in another zone or wiring before I just replace the panel. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

amcgeary

Unregistered

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 11:27am

Rain Birder? haha. Sorry. Rain Bird. I am sure that is understood, but I wanted to clarify before I get flamed. :)

mrfixit

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 1:33pm

This is total speculation. If you had the wrong fuse in the controller and there was a short on valve six it might have heated up enough to melt it.

You'll definetly need a new controller.

I hope there's other ideas. I'd like to know what happened myself.

amcgeary

Unregistered

Monday, April 25th 2011, 8:43am

Rain Bird ESP-6TM Control Panel Blown?

Mr. Fixit,

I ran some resistance tests on the wiring and it looks like there is a short at one of the valves. I also am thinking the fuse is the wrong size. So you may be indeed be correct - short on valve six, fuse doesn't blow, controller blows a circuit.

I have a professional coming out today to give a proper diagnosis. I'll update after repairs are completed. Thanks for your help!

Rate this thread