You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tarotdream

Starting Member

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 9:43pm

GF Valve leaking - can it be repaired? No electronics.

[attach]51[/attach]Hi there! I promised to help my friends and now I'm paying the price for that.

There is a GF ball valve, an older one, that does not completely shut off the water. It's about one foot below ground (and under and RV - what fun!). The access hole is not large enough to allow me to remove and replace the valve. For reasons both obvious and peculiar to this situation, digging around and down is a dismal prospect.

Now, I've successful house plumbing and I know that some valves can be replaced/rebuilt without being removed. Can it be done with this valve and how does it come apart?

It's a GF valve, PVC (externally), one input, one output, white w/red handle. On top of the handle is a white disk which I originally thought might pry off and reveal fixable stuff. When I tried, it was . . . I was a dismal failure. No screws.

Decision of the judges is arbitrary and final.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, April 22nd 2011, 6:05am

No rebuild - replace.

Rate this thread