You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wrx884

Friday, April 22nd 2011, 12:57am

richdel 12 Zone control box

Hey guys new 2 the forum, just want 2 know some info about the control box thats in our rental property and how it works ect...? 4 the life of me i can get the automatic timers 2 work so the sprinklers turn on at a perticular time and day/s
all we know its a JH Richdel i cant find a model number anywhere? so googling this control box hasnt been easy.
everything works if u put each zone/station on manual so im sure everything works? how eva we didnt wire up the control box so mayb thats the problem?

cheers in advance.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Friday, April 22nd 2011, 1:25am

Get your landlord to get that western company in to manage it for you guys :)

simple enough controller

Looks like you have 4 zones on a pump system because of the relay richdel box above the controller.

Make sure your time is set and that the day is correct

Press Start A button> Pick you prefered start time of the system turning on ( This will cycle through all valves that have minutes on them)

On the right hand side- pick your prefered days you would like to water on the ' A ' section ONLY. You can see at the bottom, you switch it to a every 2 or 3 day interval instead of picking and choosing your days.

Middle section- zones- Pick your desired run time in minutes per zone

The Bottom left side- Slide the sliders of the zones you would like to irrigate in the automated programming to the ' A' Position

Wala- Your system will now turn on at your next date/specified time.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, April 22nd 2011, 6:02am

the original model number for that controller was R512

wrx884

Friday, April 22nd 2011, 7:18am

Cheers wet boots 4 the model number.
No need 2 ring the land lord as it should b a simle thing 2 work out ourselves so didnt wanna bother him unless there was an actual problem. I did howeva ask him and since hes owned the house he had the same problem so im assuming some1 else b4 him installed it? so i'll see if i can work it out with the help of u guys 1st.
Mitchgo see thats the thing as i set all 3 zones (dunno where the 4th is as theres only 3 sprinklers at the back and 4 at the front which split in half 2 make the 3rd zone.) i do exactly as u say but it just doesnt come on wen the time and day ticks over with the clock thats on the LCD screen.
as u say theres 4 zones in that setting, wen i scroll through the settings of A and B tho it doesnt actually say zone but says No. 1,2,3,4 only which i assume means 4 zones? correct? So if i wanted eg. zone 1 2 turn on, id turn all other zones off on A (2,3,4) and punch in the day and the time and then click the days (A) that i want it 2 come on but 4 some reason it just doesnt come on those selected days or time. so im stumpped at wat else 2 try, or see wat im missing as it does look pretty straight forward i would have thought hahaha, i just hope its somthing real simple im not doing otherwise i'll just have 2 do it manually lol.

Get your landlord to get that western company in to manage it for you guys :)

simple enough controller

Looks like you have 4 zones on a pump system because of the relay richdel box above the controller.

Make sure your time is set and that the day is correct

Press Start A button> Pick you prefered start time of the system turning on ( This will cycle through all valves that have minutes on them)

On the right hand side- pick your prefered days you would like to water on the ' A ' section ONLY. You can see at the bottom, you switch it to a every 2 or 3 day interval instead of picking and choosing your days.

Middle section- zones- Pick your desired run time in minutes per zone

The Bottom left side- Slide the sliders of the zones you would like to irrigate in the automated programming to the ' A' Position

Wala- Your system will now turn on at your next date/specified time.

wrx884

Friday, April 22nd 2011, 7:48am

Just had a google and i manged 2 find a manual thanx 2 wet boots :)
this below is the only thing i found in the manual that i never saw come up on the LCD screen how eva i did have the minutes selected on the panel so mayb theres my problem???
Press the m key again. The minute digits “00” will begin to flash.
Press the m or m key until the appropriate minutes are displayed.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, April 25th 2011, 9:37am

It kind of comes down to you and the controller and the manual. The buttons may be intermittent.

Rate this thread