You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

yubarice

Starting Member

Friday, April 22nd 2011, 5:45pm

K-Rain

I replace about 30-45 a year on my system. I now use the K-5 series or model sprinkler and they do fine but it sure seems like the gear driven fails first. My system has 9 zones and have around 25-30 sprinklers per zone and it runs everyday for 30-60 min per zone from 4-25 to 9-25. is there a more durable sprinkler to use or do they just wear out?? ?( ?( ?(

Its ground water at around 65 psi i think

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Friday, April 22nd 2011, 9:56pm

What kind of ground water?

Sounds like a dirty water situation that's damaging your sprinkler heads quicker.

Whats wrong with the heads? they stop rotating?

MOST k-rain are absolute crap, however a couple of the commercial krain's are kick ass.

Invest in a in-series filter , Install a dedicated flush zone valve to help keep the system clean.

Over time as you are replacing your heads , if you really want a durable head. Start replacing them either with then Rain Bird 5004 Stainless Steel , or the Hunter I-20 Stainless steel

Depending on your system, you may need to invest in the next size up such as the Rain bird 5500's or the hunter i-25's

Rate this thread